Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Because it just figures

OK so since my last post, I have been so busy with work that I have had to ignore my Google Reader, Twitter and Facebook. NO!!! Today was the first day I actually read CNN in three days. Like, that NEVER happens. Even on a vacay I read CNN from my phone.

So here are some highlights of my last few days:

I stayed up until midnight on Sunday working on a work project. I cranked out the rest of it all day Monday, finished at 5:30pm and was so excited to have an evening to myself. But... wait for it... while we are taking a walk to the playground with our kids my distressed body decides that NOW would be a good time to have a freaking migraine. Complete with an aura, nausea, vomiting, shaking chills and sweats I end up in bed at 6:45 and "sleep" until 6:00 Tues morning, also known as today. Still have a lot of migraine pain today, but it's tolerable.

Today my boss calls me at 7:45am and likes the proofs I sent him the night before around midnight. However, he wanted to make just one minor change. A minor change means re-collecting data for 40 different communities, which takes a couple hours, re-doing the charts, a few hours, then re-saving it all out to be print ready, several hours... oh and just rip out half of this one card and re-do it like this... another hour. The babysitter didn't show up until nearly 10:00 either, so I got an uninterrupted late start this morning. And now I'm determined to complete this tonight. I actually don't mind the work at all, that is no problem. It's just getting it done that stresses me out. Why you ask? Because I'm still trying to do this across two computers. My Dell is still dysfunctional and after speaking with someone AGAIN today on the other side of the globe I finally am getting some new hardware to arrive in two days. We'll see if that helps. I hope to God it helps. I'm like starting to twitch.

Bug also decided today to be bored while he was on the potty. Bored to the tune of investigating the poop he was waiting for me to wipe off his butt. Bored to the tune of getting it on his hands and then panicking that "I'd find out" and proceeding to wipe his hands on his shirt, on the toilet, on his legs, on the bathtub next to the toilet and, wait for it, on his face. And that's all I have to say about that.

Bear also wanted to contribute to a stellar day and took half of his afternoon nap on my shoulder. This I can deal with though. It was very sweet. It just derailed the aforementioned tasks I have still to complete.

On our way home from teaching karate tonight I was doling out chocolate rice cakes to the kids in the back seat, because why not?, and Bug was delighted when Bear decided to toss his over to his older brother. And here's how that went:

Bug: "Mommy! Alex tossed me his rice cake!"
Bear: "bababaaa do dah! Baby! IDIDIT!"
Bug: (roots around in the seat and finds it, holds it up with disdain and whines) "Mommy! I don't want this one! It's wet... here you go Alex." (tosses it back, continues to wipe his hands all over the car seat and his pants). "Mommy! That was wet. Alex licked it and then tossed it to me. Ewwwwww.... Give me a dry one Mommy."
Bear: "Aye! Aye! Aye! IDIDIT!" (roots around for the soggy rice cake, finds it, tosses it somewhere I'll find in a month) "Ewwwww!"

Yeah, pretty much.


Jade June 2, 2009 at 9:07 PM  

Oh man, another reason to wait a looooong time to have kids :)

Kekibird June 3, 2009 at 11:59 AM  

I'm so sorry about the migraine. I get those too. But...I have to be honest, I LOLed at the "poop" part of the story.

Hope you have a great Wednesday.

Jackie Blum June 3, 2009 at 9:19 PM  

OK, so even though you had a crappy day (some of that in the literal sense - poor girl), I must say I love your blog. It's as if you're standing 2 feet from me, talking. Miss you, Neener!