Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I can hear it now...

So if you happened to be on the main drag outside my neighborhood around 5:30 tonight you might have seen a slighly overweight woman (me) attempting to push a double jogging stroller with two little boys in it all while lumbering along in a psudeo run. If my father-in-law were driving by he'd observe this woman who was sweating profusely in the damn near 80% humidity and he'd say "Bless her heart." Meaning - God love her for trying but crap, it ain't really working for you. Normally when I see those sad souls who desperately need the exercise but aren't winning eye candy awards I say "better her (or him) out there than me." I'm mean. Actually now I applaud those people. I'm ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE!

Here were my munchkins in the stroller.

Alex was all chillaxin' with his feet up the entire time, unless he was dropping his hat (causing me to stop and curse under my breath because you can't put a string on it to keep him from dropping it otherwise he'd choke himself, or his brother). Bran on the other hand only dropped his water cup once and then proceeded to talk to me the entire time, which is totally cute and bonding and sugar and spice. EXCEPT when he insists that I answer back (and bond, because it's a bonding experience, this run of mine with a double jogging stroller in 90 degree heat) and I can't talk to him becuase I'm panting like a freaking dog, which only increases the volume and speed that he says "Mommy! Look!" repeatedly. The good thing is that he's very encouraging to me. He likes to go "fast" and when I slow down he says "Faster! Faster! Faster Mommy!!" Oh kid... I'm trying! BLESS MY HEART DAMMIT!

In other news of working out and not seeing results - I swam "some" laps last Friday and Sunday for the first time ever doing swimming as a workout. Holy hurt.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kekibird June 10, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Wow, Jake does the same thing when I wog (walk/jog) with him. He wants to talk talk talk TALK to me and expects me to answer him. Sweet but annoying. Especially when I'm trying to catch my breath.

Congrats on getting out there. I'm very quickly out fattening my pants. Hate to buy a bigger size but I might just have to.

Jackie Blum June 11, 2009 at 12:33 PM

I really shouldn't eat lunch while reading your posts. I end up choking on my sandwich or whatever it is I'm eating from spontaneous outbursts of laughter. Seriously funny stuff here. Our neighborhood is really hilly. And I mean serious hills. The problem is that there are two hills leaving my street, so once you go down them, there's only one way home - UP. When I take Ava and Ian on walks, Ava is also encouraging, but in a different way. Instead of "Go mommy!" I get a "Whoa, BIG hill, mommy!" Seriously, like I needed reminding. =) I know she means well, though. Sometimes, while going up these hills, I am breathing so hard I can't talk. At all. So when Ava is chanting "Big hill! Big hill!" all I can do is silently nod and hope to God that I make it up the hill.

As for the weight issues, I am with you. Sunday morning, after disappearing in my closet for 20 minutes, I yelled down to Stefan, "Hey! Do you think it's OK to wear elastic to church?" Post-baby weight plus day 1 of period equals nothing to wear. Not a damn thing.

Love your blog! I am curious as to how you switch up your layout. It seems I am stuck with the basic two-column layout and can't do much but change the background.

Kristin and Chris June 11, 2009 at 2:03 PM

We're in a pretty urban area and Isla always times her toy throwing for when we're crossing the street. Love bending over in front of everyone stopped at the light. Uber-spoiled by the low humidity here in San Diego.

mommygeekology June 11, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Freakin' good for you! I can't even get up the guts to try!

Angie and Michael June 12, 2009 at 1:49 AM

Good for you! I really need to take your lead and get my ass, the jogging stroller and the Boy out for walks more often!

calicobebop June 12, 2009 at 10:29 AM

"God love her for trying but crap, it ain't really working for you."

That is about the best definition of the term "Bless your heart" I've ever seen!

Hilarious! Best of luck with the running - I swim and you're right, it hurts like hell sometimes!