Thursday, September 3, 2009

Top Five

I am thrilled that the first topic for the new digs of Girl Talk Thursday is Your Top Five. It's the perfect subject for the opening of our Ladybusiness.

But first, a very special thanks to Maria for starting Girl Talk Thursday over in her awesome corner of the blogsphere, Mommy Melee, and also for including me, Tatiana, Diane and Cat in hosting the new site. "...Comment. Communicate. Karma." Maria babe, you've got some shiny happy karma. Love you!

So who's in your Top Five?

My Top Five, here in no particular order...

Matthew McConaughey

Matthew McConaughey landed on my Top Five list back in 1996 when he starred as Jake Tyler Brigance in the film A Time to Kill. There is this one scene where he is talking with Sandra Bullock, I think after drinking tequila together. The lighting is dark, with rich wood tones, and the room glows with warm, candle-like lighting. Their bodies are slick with sweat from the hot, sticky humidity of a true Southern night in the middle of summer. His voice, that slow Southern drawl, is totally mesmerizing. And he's got piercing blue eyes with a square jaw line and I love that. (p.s. Hubs has a strong jaw line and awesome blue eyes. yeah, I like this sort of thing. Oh and his Top List of women could possibly contain one or two women I would lust after if I lusted after women. Sadly, none of them resemble me... hmmm.)

Rob Lowe
Dark hair. Blue eyes. Strong jaw.

There is no one scene that strikes me as the first time I remember noticing him.

He just is there, for the eye candy.

Christian Bale

Does anyone else remember the movie Empire of the Sun? I was 10 when it was released and I think I was 11 when I first saw it. I remember this because my BFF (at the time of course, what is forever to an 11 year old?) and I watched it (on VHS, gasp!) about 100 times the summer between 5th and 6th grade. We watched it to watch him. He was her teen crush and since I spent so much time with her it sort of rubbed off on me. Her room had dozens of posters of him hung up while mine had dozens of posters of Kirk Cameron. (dying inside for admitting that one) Look who grew up to still be a hotty though! I likey his smiley.

Taye Diggs

I first noticed (wink) Taye Diggs when he was Detective Brett Hopper in a show that sadly only was on one season, Day Break. He's got a wicked bright smile contrasted by his smooth dark complexion and he's got really nice eyes. He's hot but I think he's the most approachable of my Top 5. Like if I saw him on Hollywood Blvd I'd probably go up to him and say "Hey, I watch Private Practice and all but I wish they didn't cancel Day Break because that show was awesome." But there may or may not be a line of drool descending from the corner of my mouth when I talk to him.

Patrick Dempsey

Sadly, I am under the spell of McDreamy. It's the voice in the quiet scenes of the show. It's the blue, piercing eyes and the dark hair. It's the smile.

18 comments:

Diane September 3, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Taye Diggs's smile OMG. Lights up my whole damn house.

I loved Patrick Dempsey in Enchanted. And Amy Adams, too, for that matter.

Cheryl September 3, 2009 at 9:36 AM

Oh, Patrick Dempsey, how could I have forgotten you?!? I think the list really needs to be longer next time. ;) Thanks for the bloggy love. Glad to see someone else can appreciate Michael Easton the way I do. :)

verygoodyear September 3, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Your list is awesome! I'd totally go for Christian Bale too. yummmmmm.

My Bottle's Up! September 3, 2009 at 11:23 AM

ahhh.... christian bale was THIS CLOSE to making my list.... THIS CLOSE!!!!

well done mylady.

Why Mom Drinks Rum September 3, 2009 at 11:35 AM

Oh Christian Bale....yum. He's backup #5 for me...just in case David Beckham is unavailable.

Only...let's get some meat on his bones. I hate it when he gets super skinny.

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins September 3, 2009 at 11:42 AM

I am LOVING this list-hopping I'm doing.

LOVE. {MROW.}

Nickie September 3, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Yes YES Matthew McConaughey! GAWD HE IS HAWT!

Bella at Lunatic Family Tree September 3, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Matthew McConaughey and Patrick Dempsey both came SO close. Maybe next time we revisit this question we'll have all seen the wisdom in a Slightly Longer Than 5 List? Heh. Great list! Great fun, in general. Thanks for all the work to get the fun rolling, too!

Karen @ If I Could Escape . . . September 3, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Ooooh, Matthew McConaughey!

knoxvillepixie September 3, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Great list! Wouldn't mind bongo-drumming naked with any of the above...

Curves in the Road September 3, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Christian Bale...where were you when I was putting my list together??

Thanks for sharing, your list is great! I'm enjoying all the eye candy on everyone's lists ;)

Mommy Melee September 3, 2009 at 10:24 PM

I adored Rob Lowe in The Stand.

Annette September 3, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Matthew was on my list...but um, Bear Grylls beat him out. LOL

And Patrick Dempsey...OMG I've loved him since I seen Loverboy back when I was 13 years old.

TheLadysRevenge September 3, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Christian Bale was so close to making my list. Mmmm...

And yeah, McDreamy and Amy Adams in Enchanted is such a perfect mix.

Cat September 4, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Mmmm... Christian Bale. Between him and Aaron Eckhart I could go for a Batman sandwich...

AmazingGreis September 4, 2009 at 9:55 AM

Why do we only have to stick to 5, because looking at everyone's lists I'm realizing I totally could have had a list of 20. I totally overlooked my love for Matthew McConaughey. How did I let that happen? He's a Texas guy and he looks great without a shirt. **SWOON**

Lt. Dan September 4, 2009 at 10:55 AM

For me, Coll, Christian Bale will always be the star of "Newsies." And I will always be 15.

Alicia September 4, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Matthew would have been #6 on my list.. you know, if it was a Top Six. In fact, I'd take him and Kate Hudson a la How To Lose a Guy In Ten Days and lock them both in my bedroom with me. Rawr.